These lemon bars have a deliciously intense lemon taste, are really easy to make, and always disappear quickly on dessert buffets. And, once people have tasted these bars, they always request them again or demand the recipe!
Lemon bars may be an “old-fashioned” dessert, but they’re always delicious and appreciated. I guess there’s really nothing old-fashioned about great taste.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 12 tablespoons lemon juice
- confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Combine flour and confectioners sugar, cut in butter
- Pat into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, lemon juice, flour, and baking powder.
- Pour over hot crust and bake 25 minutes.
- Cool, and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!