We don’t remember where the recipe came from, but know it turned the unappreciated, but obligatory sweet potatoes into a dish that gets requested every year (it’s a must for Thanksgiving dinner).
It’s both easy and delicious! And it usually gets made again at Christmas, everyone just seems to love it.
- 3 cups mashed yams or sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine potatoes, sugar, eggs, 1/4 cup butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix well and spread mixture in a casserole dish.
- Combine remaining butter, flour, brown sugar, and nuts.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture and bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes.
This recipe always gets doubled when it's made at our house.