These really are the best sweet potatoes, you won’t want to go back to making them any other way. It’s more like getting to eat dessert than vegetables!
We don’t remember where the recipe came from, but know it turned the unappreciated, but obligatory sweet potatoes into a dish that gets requested every year (it’s a must for Thanksgiving dinner).
It’s both easy and delicious! And it usually gets made again at Christmas, everyone just seems to love it.
- 3 cups mashed yams or sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine potatoes, sugar, eggs, 1/4 cup butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix well and spread mixture in a casserole dish.
- Combine remaining butter, flour, brown sugar, and nuts.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture and bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes.
This recipe always gets doubled when it's made at our house.