I know it’s typical to grill vegetables in the summer, but sometimes it’s just easier to roast them.
These are good with just about any summer dinner. This is simple, it only takes 20 minutes, and you don’t have to worry about the grill.
The vegetables & herbs used can also be varied endlessly depending on what’s fresh or coming out of your garden at the time.
The vegetables and herbs listed in the recipe are just a starting point – be sure to experiment with whatever’s really fresh and flavorful!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 different colored bell peppers such as red and yellow
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sprigs thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini & squash and cut them into 3/4" slices.
- Core the peppers and cut into 1 1/2" strips.
- Trim off the fennel stalks and cut the bulb (through the core) into 1" wedges.
- Peel the onion & slice into 1/4" rounds.
- Spread the cut-up vegetables on two sheet pans or cookie sheets, spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and add the thyme sprigs.
- Roast for 15 minutes, turn each piece over, sprinkle again with salt & pepper, and roast for an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.