We use tomatoes from the garden to make our own sun-dried tomatoes every year, and this is a terrific sun dried tomato dip for using those tomatoes.
It’s one of my favorite dips for chips – but it’s also good with crackers and veggies. It’s quick to make and the taste is light-years ahead of grocery store dips.
If you’re using tomatoes that you’ve dried yourself and they’re not stored in oil, then place the quantity of tomatoes that you’ll be using for the recipe in good olive oil the day before starting this recipe to reconstitute them a bit.
Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place the first seven ingredients into a food processor fitted with a metal blade and puree. Add the scallions and pulse twice. Serve at room temperature.