Late last week, I received the Best of Chickens magazine in the mail, and found out that one of the articles that I’d written for Chickens magazine in 2014 was being included in the first Best of Chickens magazine collection!
I was surprised to learn that my article on Bringing Back The Buckeye made it into the magazine, but was very happy that it did – this issue has an awesome collection of articles, hence it’s name.
If you’d like a magazine that will cover many aspects of chicken-keeping in expert fashion, and provide beautiful photographs too, then you should definitely check out this fantastic collection!
Articles in the magazine cover the following topics (and did I mention how gorgeous the photos are?):
- Ready, Set, Hatch!
- Name That Comb
- Our Fine Feathered Friends
- What’s For Dinner
- Against The Grain
- Egg, Two Egg, Brown Egg, Blue Egg
- Fowl Language: Laying Help
- Planting For Poultry
- Fowl Language: Broody Birds
- Herbs For Birds
- The Price Is Right!
- Fowl Language: Sour Crop
- Bringing Back The Buckeye
- Fowl Language: Coccidiosis
- Fowl Language: Predator Protection
- The Low-Maintenance, High-Style Henhouse
- Fowl Language: Roosting Basics
- Drinks On Me
- Last Squawk
- Breed Profiles on Leghorns, Plymouth Rock, Rhode Island Red, Araucana, Silkie, Jersey Giant
I’m still reading mine, but all the articles I’ve read so far are so informative. We’ve had chickens for awhile – just goes to show there are always new things to learn. This special collection is on newsstands now until June, and is $9.99. Go get yours before they sell out!