This is an easy homemade bath salts recipe that can be made from common ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
It’s great to make for yourself, but it’s also great for gifting. Tied up with an appropriately colored ribbon and tag, it can be a thoughtful gift any time of year.
It’s part of our blogger’s collaboration on Gifts From The Homestead. Scroll down to find links to many more recipes for gifts from your homestead!
Bath Salts Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate)
- 2 cups Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
- 5 drops Essential Oil (choose your favorite)
Bath Salts Recipe Instructions For Making:
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl – make sure the ginger is lump-free before adding to the mix.
- Mix ingredients well making sure there are no lumps – getting rid of lumps can be the hardest part.
- Store in an airtight jar or package in a cellophane bag. Add an appropriately colored bow and tag to make a great gift any time! You can also add a few drops of liquid food coloring if more colorful bath salts are desired.
Using Homemade Bath Salts:
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup (for a normal size tub, more for larger tubs) to bath water and soak.
- This doesn’t have an overly heavy fragrance and really does help reduce aches and pains after soaking for 20 or 30 minutes.
Other Gifts From The Homestead:
Gifts You Can Make in an Hour or Less
- Creative Cookie Packaging Ideas || Rootsy Network
- Create a Giftable Indoor Herb Garden Kit || Not So Modern
- Two Holiday Chai Tea Blends: The Perfect Fall or Winter Gift || Healing Harvest Homestead
- Soup in a Jar: the Perfect Comfort Gift || Dehydrating Made Easy
- Snickerdoodle Cookies || Nancy On The Homefront
- Cinnamon Roasted Almonds (with printable gift tags) || A Modern Homestead
- How to Make & Give Homemade Hot Cocoa Mixes || Homespun Seasonal Living
- How to Can Homemade Salsa || Not So Modern
- Make Gift-Worthy Bread Mix In A Jar – Great for Your Own Pantry Shelf Too! || Oak Hill Homestead
- Make Your Own Lotion Bars || Learning and Yearning
- Easy Homemade Bath Salts Recipe || Better Hens and Gardens
- Peppermint Foot Salve || The Self Sufficient Home Acre
- SPF Lip Balm Recipe || Our Inspired Roots
- 3 Bedtime Bath Teas for Kids || Homestead Lady
- DIY Flaxseed Neck Heating Pad for Soothing Muscles || Joybilee Farm
- No-Sew Scented Sachet Bags With 5 Herbal Recipes || Rockin W Homestead
- Fall Air Freshener DIY || Feathers In The Woods
Gifts You Can Make in a Day or Less
- Easy Applesauce Recipe For Canning or Eating Fresh || Hidden Springs Homestead
- How to Make Hot Process Soap Complete Picture Tutorial || Healing Harvest Homestead
- Crockpot Apple Butter with Canning Instructions || A Modern Homestead
- DIY Quilted Mug Rug || Flip Flop Barnyard
- Feathers & Hugs – How to Create a Psalms 91 Throw || The Farm Wife
- DIY Flower & Veggie Row Markers || The Self Sufficient Home Acre
- Make Your Own Veggie Hod || Nancy On The Homefront
- Horseshoe Farm Sign – Fun DIY Gift for the Horse Lover || Homegrown Self Reliance
Gifts You Can Make in a Week
- Easy Primitive Throw Pillow Tutorial || Hidden Springs Homestead
- How to Make a Rag Quilt || Flip Flop Barnyard
- Make Your Own Plant Pots and Baskets || Homestead Lady
Special Gifts That Take One Month to Create (but are well worth the wait)
- Making Herbal Vinegar || Better Hens and Gardens
- Elderberry Elixir – A Delicious Immune Boosting Gift || Homegrown Self Reliance
- How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract || Farming My Backyard
- How to Make Strawberry Wine Step-by-Step || Stone Family Farmstead
- How to Make Cold-Process Soap from Scratch || Oak Hill Homestead