I’ve been participating at a great community blog site, Farm Chit Chat, for several months now and we’re holding a giveaway to welcome friends to Farm Chit Chat. Joining together in a community blog allows us to bring together a great diversity of information, writing styles, and photographs of farm related topics.
For this giveaway, we have two different prize packs (don’t forget to scroll down to see the second one) and a total of 10 unique prizes to giveaway:
1) The first one consists of twelve hatching eggs from Tiffany (at The Egg Basket) for one lucky winner. She and her family breed unique, show quality, chickens and you could win hatching eggs from this meticulous breeder – retail value $70.00. Don’t miss this one; this kind of opportunity doesn’t happen often. Just click on the red RaffleCopter link below and start entering – I really wish I could enter this one!
The second one consists of nine different items from many of the participating bloggers at Farm Chit Chat:
2) From Better Hens and Gardens/Bramblestone Farm we’re giving away “The Backyard Beekeeper – An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Keeping Bees in Your Yard and Garden” by Kim Flottum. Kim is a well-known expert in beekeeping, just happens to belong to our beekeeping association, and was our beginning beekeeping instructor – so we really think this book belongs in every beekeeping homestead library. Retail value $25.00.
3) Sonja (at Lally Broch Farm) donated a one-of-kind Mosaic Eggshell Pendant hand pieced from shells from her own hen’s eggs. Lally Broch Farm sells the beautiful jewelry on their Etsy shop but you might win your own unique piece. Description: “Crimson & Clover” Our layered diamond inspired pendant measures approximately 2.5″ x 2.5″. The base diamond is hand painted in shades of emerald-green. I painted the top diamond in a variegation of rich garnet red. . This piece is painted black on the back and signed. The ornate silver toned bale is secured with a jump ring fastened through the top of the diamond. This pendant comes with a 24″ inch, silver tone, link chain that closes with a silver tone lobster clasp. Retail Value $25.00.
4) Also from Lally Broch Farm, another reader will win one creamy, 5 oz., Goat’s Milk Soap bath bar. If you win, which scent will you choose: Lavender, Baby Powder, Peppermint, Citrus-Mint, Cinnamon, or Jasmine? Retail Value $7.25. I’ve tried her goat milk soap – you’ll love it.
5) Marissa (at Abundance Farms) has painstakingly blown out some gorgeous eggs. This is truly a breathtaking art form. Description: 6 blown eggs. You will receive a colorful assortment of three Black Copper Marans, one Yokohama, one Easter Egger, and one carved Pekin duck egg. Each egg has been collected from our various breeds and blown out for your decoration or crafting purposes. Eggs are blown out by using a needle to poke two holes at each end of the egg and then the egg is cleaned out. Very rarely do I make my Easter Egger’s (her name is Waldo and she was my first hen ever) eggs available for purchase. She lays one of the most beautiful green eggs I have ever seen. So, why not take a little piece of Abundance Farms with you?
6) Janet (at Timber Creek Farm) raises sheep and the wool is locally spun into yarn. The Border Leicester yarn is 2 ply and knits and crochets beautifully. The 150 yard skein is plenty of yarn for a long scarf or maybe a pair of hand warmers or mittens.
7) Gretchen (at The Backyard Farming Connection), not only raises everything from kids to garden vegetables to farm animals but also paints! This absolutely stunning painting is on a 6” x 6” canvas and is sure to be a favorite with any chicken lover. This would be just beautiful in my kitchen – I’m envious of the winner to be!
8) Sheila (at Hope Farms) made a rustic rag rug for the giveaway. I don’t know about you, but I love these rugs. The workmanship that goes into something like this makes it all the more valuable (the rug color and pattern may vary).
9) Marlana (at Handsome Homesteader) makes some lovely jewelry. Nothing like a handmade necklace to add just the right touch to your outfit. Or maybe share with a friend, as a special birthday gift?
10) And to sweeten the pot a little more, we have donations of Chris Mclaughlin’s book “Vertical Vegetable Gardening” and two seed packets from Page Seed Company.
The two giveaways are running at the same time so enter one or both. Winners will be chosen on June 1, 2013. Best of Luck to Everyone!
(Please use a valid email that you check frequently. We will contact the winners twice by email, announce the winners on the Facebook page and blog page. If we don’t hear from the winners within a week we will choose a runner-up winner for that prize.) All prizes must be sent to a valid street delivery address and not a PO box.