This is a homemade Chai Tea mix that tastes particularly wonderful on a cold, blustery winter day. We recently had our first significant snowstorm, and it’s nice to observe the pretty winter landscape (from inside) with a warm cup of this in hand. I think it’s delicious and comparable to the name brand versions.
I was thrilled when I found this homemade chai tea mix recipe in my step-mother’s pantry because it really does replicate the taste of the expensive versions you can buy at places like Panera and Starbucks – but it’s a lot cheaper to make this mix.
The list of ingredients is a little long, but it makes a lot of the tea blend. You only use about 2 tablespoons for each mug of tea so it goes a long way too.
Also, since you stir the mix into hot water, it can easily be taken to work, etc. For a nice homemade gift, just put some in a jar and make a pretty topper for it like the one below!
Spiced Chai Tea
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup French vanilla flavored non-dairy creamer
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Mix ingredients together, then blend in a blender until the consistency is a fine powder.