I particularly like this eggcellent (keto-friendly) overnight breakfast bake recipe because it doesn’t contain bread like most egg-based breakfast casseroles. And that’s also what makes it so keto-friendly. It can be prepared the night before, kept in the refrigerator, and then baked in the morning for breakfast – my favorite way of fixing eggs for a crowd of overnight guests.
I also like this recipe because the ingredients are so keto-friendly, it can be varied to accommodate what you have on hand, and it always seems to be delicious. If you’re following the keto diet, just remember to choose versions of meat, cheese, and vegetables that you would choose for your keto diet.
For the meat, you can use cooked bacon, ham, or breakfast sausage that has been crumbled or diced.
For the cheese, you can use cheddar, swiss, gruyere, or whatever you think would be tasty.
And for the vegetables, you can use any combination of onion, pepper, broccoli, spinach, etc. that sounds good with the meat and cheese you’ve chosen.
We like bacon, cheddar, pepper, and onion; or the version shown in the photos is bacon, swiss, broccoli, and onion. Basically, any omelet or quiche combination that you enjoy can be made into an easy crowd-pleaser with this recipe!
This tuna stuffed avocado recipe is also delicious and keto-friendly.
Eggcellent (Keto-friendly) Overnight Breakfast Bake
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 pound cooked bacon ham, or breakfast sausage - crumbled or diced
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup half and half or cream
- Onion to taste
- Chopped vegetable to taste
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread half the shredded cheese over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer the bacon, ham, or breakfast sausage evenly on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the diced onion and other vegetable (broccoli in the photo) on top of the meat.
- Spread the remaining shredded cheese over the vegetable layer.
- Mix together the eggs and cream, and pour over the layered ingredients, distributing evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for one hour or until the eggs are set. Serve warm.