Thanks to my sister-in-law, Laura, for teaching me this super easy and delicious key lime pie recipe. I’d always thought that making this kind of pie was going to be a major effort, but it’s actually so quick and good it’s ridiculous not to consider it for your next summertime party. It makes me think of the South and would probably go well with another super easy recipe like roasted shrimp.
This recipe uses Nellie and Joe’s famous key lime juice and the recipe is printed right on the label. With only four ingredients that you blend, bake, and refrigerate – I’m not sure you can make a recipe for easy and delicious key lime pie any better.
Key Lime Pie
- 9 inch graham cracker pie shell
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks (reserve whites for another use)
- 1/2 cup key west lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine milk, egg yolks, and lime juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour filling into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating.
- Just before serving top with fresh whipped cream and lime slices.