This recipe for roasted shrimp is so easy that it barely qualifies as a recipe, but the shrimp turn out so delicious and flavorful when they’re roasted this way. They’re much tastier than boiled shrimp, and I think this preparation method is easier too (no boiling water pot to contend with), so it’s a winner all around.
Just add some spicy cocktail sauce and you’ve got the best homemade shrimp cocktail you’ve ever tasted. I like to use the largest, wild-caught (not farm raised), shell-on shrimp I can find at the store, and adjust the cooking time by size.
- 2 lbs shell-on shrimp (12 to 15 count)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, but leave the tails on.
- Place them in a single layer on a sheet pan and mix with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or just until they turn firm and pink.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with cocktail sauce.
- You can also refrigerate and serve later.